PulperMex for Salomix SL/ST
PulperMex is a double acting mechanical seal, which is mainly used in Sulzer Salomix and Ahlstrom Salomix SL/ST agitators. These horizontal mounted agitators are used for mixing viscous liquids or liquids with high gas or large solids content inside of the tank, to produce as much as possible even mixing result. For this use, STB GmbH designed and developed a special mechanical seal, with the use of vented slide faces. PulperMex is able to reduce its friction to allow a more stable operation for a higher life expectancy. Down times in the pulp and paper industry create considerable losses for their facility operators, that’s why STB’s responsibility to its clients is to provide short delivery times. To enable this all critical components, which have a usually high delivery time, are always on stock. This allows an unrivaled reaction time in the industry.
The mechanical seal PulperMex is available for agitators with different shaft diameters.
- Salomix SL-80
- Salomix SL-100
Mechanical seal type:
- PulperMex (STB identifier)
The double acting mechanical seal is available as standard replacement unit whit the following materials:
- Standard: U22U2VGG-BU2VGG (Tungsten Carbide/Tungsten Carbide/FKM/1.4301/1.4571-Carbon B/ Tungsten Carbide/FKM/1.4301/1.4571)
- Sealing face: TC (Tungsten Carbide), SiC, Carbon B , Carbon A
- Stationary seat: TC (Tungsten Carbide), SiC
- O-rings: FKM / PTFE / EPDM / NBR / FFKM
- Steelbody: 1.4404 / 1.4571
- Springs: 1.4301 / Hastelloy C4