In Plan 52 there is an external reservoir providing buffer liquid for the outer seal of an Arrangement 2 seal. The buffer liquid shall be maintained at a pressure less than seal chamber pressure and less than 0.28 MPa (2.8 bar) (40 psi).
- Zero to very low process emissions
- Atmospherical side seal acts as a backup to the product side seal
- Process contamination is not allowed
- Used dual seals unpressurized
- High vapor pressure fluids (light hydrocarbons)
- Hazardous fluids
- Toxic fluids
- Heat transfer fluids
Plan 52 works best with clean, non-polymerizing, pure products that have a vapor pressure higher than the buffer system pressure. Use the STB TS-9/TS-12 for better operating conditions.